During our class today, we made some major decisions about which games out of our rough drafts we created yesterday we would continue working on for the final game. We also decided the setting our class would take on for all of our games. After voting on which games we want to create, we ran into a problem; 1/2 hour had already taken the setting for the game with the most votes. Working together, we decided we could make some changes to the setting and the objective, but keep most of the game the same. After a discussion and a vote, we decided to create all our games with the setting either near Aunt Polly’s house or the graveyard.

                One of the problems that my group experienced was being left without a game after the decision for the setting was made. Both of our games we had brainstormed didn’t have the setting of Aunt Polly’s house or the graveyard. But luckily, another group had both of their games with the right setting, so we compromised by taking the task of creating their extra game. Along with creating a fun game, we must also added elements where the user can learn reading skills or learn about elements of the novel while playing. This problem has been occurring the past two days as we were creating the outline of the games. In my group, we discovered that if we have a trivia sort of theme, where you have to answer questions correctly in order to play the game, it will be better than just having facts pop up. This will insure that the person playing the game is more likely to read and understand the information we’re teaching them.

                Tomorrow, we will start to make the game come to life. After we finish our sketches of the game board, we will start to work on our artwork to make the sprites, or objects, that go into our video games.
-Taylor

 


Comments




Leave a Reply